Thursday, September 5, 2013

Long List Day

My day started a tad bit later than usual - I was headed to the doc for a yearly look over so thought I would sleep until six and forget the makeup routine.

I might have squeezed in an extra fifteen minutes of sleep, but I am just done in now that the day is over and done.

It was the sort of day that allowed for getting Walmart done before 9 and beating crowds, but it was also the sort of that meant I did not find the right hair pins for Bell for her flower girl bit next week at Tuck's wedding . . . Even though I looked in multiple places.  On the up side. I did snag a pair of half price jeans from Maurice's and the doc thought I was pretty healthy, though I am going back in a month to do a little bloodwork to see if we can figure out why my hormones are so erratic these days.  It will be one of those fasting things so I will go n fall break instead of miss more school.

I went to get a damaged toenail repaired and came away with a full manicure and pedicure - that was a bit odd for me.  I have never had my nails done - wish I hadn't let it happen now.  They are a bloody  nuisance.  Not sure how I am going to keep them looking nice for a whole 9 days.  However, the foot business was sublime.  I now understand why people do this, though I won't be joining the line of people at Walmart.  I liked the quiet of the little salon I found, and there weren't people gawking at me as they pushed their carts of groceries and whiny children past.

I managed to squeeze in a visit to my dear friend Di. When Di quit teaching at Comanche, it felt like someone cut my arm off.  It had been a long while since I had found a friend like her.  Never mind that she is old enough to be retired and has grown grandchildren.  Di and I just hit it off from the beginning.  Today was a quick visit, but I think we both needed it.  There is a peace and a bit of life we walk away with after we have spent time with the sort friends that feed our souls.  Some people do just whittle away at our being, but Di blesses.


No comments:

Post a Comment