Monday, August 20, 2012

Breathing Again

One week in and we have had to reinstitute Margarita Mondays.  I will not sugar coat this and say I love my new job.  BUT I will say that I think it was the right choice.  It was good for the family, I will grow as a teacher, shorter commute, yada, yada, yada.

I am slowly getting into the swing of things and wrapping my brain around teaching from a totally different game plan than I have ever used before.  But most of all, I am just going with it and enjoying the moment of cool.

We started the day with tears because I am not able to homeschool Bella.  I stayed late to do get some planning done with another teacher. My kid cried all the way home over a baloon that could not be found. I frantically got supper on the table because I have a crazy early lunch time and was starving at 5.  Of course it is Monday.  How could we have skipped it?

But then I snuck out to the yard by myself and wandered through the rows of pumpkins and gourds.  Some of my gourds have the prettiest delicate white flowers.  They remind me of what my grandma always called moon vine. I inspected the tomato plot.  Poor things are nearly naked from the onslaught of grasshoppers but  are just covered in tomatoes.  We had almost an inch of rain over the weekend and it seems as if the yard is just singing out in joy.

By the time I came in, Jack and Bella had walked up to check on the folks for the evening.  That means I got to have a shower in silence.  Bliss.  And then as if that were not enough, I grabbed the iPad and a robe and sat outside in the cool of the evening and read up on all that had gone with the other bloggers in the past week.  I was reminded of how wonderful this age of technology is.  I can sit outside on the porch with Nora Jane the abnormally hairy cat and learn that Misti has a cool house again and that Cindy's fall stuff is sprouting.  All the while, I could just breath.  Breath that fresh cut grass scent from Jack's mowing.  Breath the calm.  Breath that hint of autumn in the air.

3 comments:

  1. For once I may blame any inconsistencies on the inability to type. Damn those margaritas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schools have different "ways" about them, but you can make it your own. Be the queen of your classroom. And then enjoy that margarita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This job will fall right into it's proper place. In way, it already has. Your commute is short which gives you time for this moment of peace. I love this new life.

    ReplyDelete