Thursday, November 1, 2012

News Flash: Ice Girl Saves the Day

Last night, I took Bell to do the whole Halloween thing.  We were going  trick-or-treating with friends of ours.   We have gone together before since their kid and ours are best friends, but they are moving so it  was our last chance to do this together.  The kids were a little sad.

I have to say that Bell's costume was typical Rucker -a combination of her genius and our last minute desperation.  Bell was a garden variety fairy  last year.  It really went against my upbringing to let her go looking like every other little girl, so this year I was thrilled when she went with her own super hero:  Ice Girl.  (I know, she is wearing a snowflake and not ice, but I couldn't find a big crystal).  I had great aspirations for this costume, but suddenly time was up and we were using face glitter and snowflakes and a silver cape sewn to her shirt. Bell is like having a pet crow sometimes - the flashier and more glittery, the more she is interested.  Thankfully, it got the official Bell Stamp of Approval.

We were a little rushed and I felt scattered, but Bell was just her cheerful self, trooping along with her pumpkin bucket bouncing against her leg. The kids lost their somberness in the fun of the evening.  I got a chance to gab with a friend.

I hate doing these things without Jack - almost feels disloyal, but at least I had my silver caped heroine beside me ready to save me from villains or at least hold my hand and keep it warm.

1 comment:

  1. I love that she invented her own superhero. She's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete