Monday, November 5, 2012

Whew!

I have certainly griped and by turns fretted about my up coming evaluations enough that I am sure you guys are sick up to your eye balls of it. Today I got an email from the site where our observations and evals  are kept track of.  So far my principal has done one walk through and two observations that all added up into one evaluation.  I got a mix of  effectives and highly effectives.  I was worried a bit.   Last time the boss visited, I was in a contest of wills with the grading program and my kids were getting started on a writing assignment.  I wasn't teaching a lesson.  I wasn't walking around the room yet monitoring.  It was not getting things off to good start and I did fret a bit the rest of the day.

Finally today, the whole eval posted and I could breathe again.  I have always worked hard but I have also had times when I could have worked harder.  I am not really sure there is a harder right now.  I am certainly not saying that I have all the techniques or answers, but right now, I am about maxed out.  It was satisfying to see that validated today.

After school I helped a kid that was behind.  Tomorrow I am off to something called ILI (imaginative learning institute).  I can't even just be present since I am going with one of the principals. Maybe I will come back with some new ideas or at least new energy.  What ever it is, I can breath for a bit before the last two observations of the year come.

No comments:

Post a Comment