Saturday, August 31, 2013

Difference

I slept until 7 this morning.  I don't think that has happened since the morning after I got stitches.  Sleep is a powerful drug.  I went to bed feeling overwhelmed with the sheer mountain of things that needed to be done today.  I woke up with the mountain waiting, but without the dread.  Such a difference..

Rubilee commented last night that at least I could kick back and relax this weekend.  My reply was that I brought home 20 hours of work and  had plenty of big jobs around the place to do.  I was serious when I said twenty hours.  I have several assignments and projects I need to build from scratch plus papers to grade and get into the computer.  I keep having other great ideas of things I want to try, but just don't have the time to get them off the ground.

Sleep, though, as I said is a powerful thing.  I woke up with some strategies clicking together in my brain.  The first one was to have a bit of me time with coffee and the iPad.  I had thought to sit on the back porch, but a zipper spider has been building this cotton-candy sticky web out there and I just don't have the heart to take my chair from her.  Those webs are just so pretty with dew drops catching the sunlight.  I don't want to bump it and make them shatter into nothingness.

I  will have to power up quickly though.  I need to fetch a kitten from a tree where a bad cat has her  treed.  It should be noted that said kitten is only outside in the tree because she jumps on my head n the night.  The garden hasn't been watered for a few days and is parched.  It is a typical Saturday chore list.

Perhaps Jack will be home tomorrow to help, but he will likely be sleeping if he is home.  He officially went back to work Thursday evening and has been on one job site since then.  His crew has been power washing Frac trucks and sleeping in the truck when they can.  He called last night and sounded pretty tired.  His bad leg is not used to lugging around a steel toed boot.  He said he was sore, but it was just muscle sore from having lost so much muscle tone when he was down.

The past week has brought huge amounts of progress.  10 days ago he couldn't wear a shoe or sleep in a bed.  Now he can do both and go to work too.  He still limps and goes slowly at things, but he GOES. He has been to church and even Walmart.  Again, such a difference from the man who couldn't move with shrieking 6 weeks ago.

So many people have prayed for us.  Jack's bosses held his job for him and have been patient. Harold's handy man has kept my yard from going wild.   So the weekend has such a big list of to - do's that I probably won't make a dent in them, but I am thankful to have a husband who can go to work.  I am thankful for a garden to work in.  I am just thankful for the blessings that have come our way, even that pretty spider to watch this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment