Saturday, August 3, 2013

Updates

I haven't been on Facebook much or even blogged lately because we are just stuck in limbo.

Yes, depression is becoming a real tangible thing in this house as we end week 4 of Jack not being well.

Last time I wrote here, Jack was scheduled to have an MRI which never happened.  Turns out it was one of the closed tube-like MRI machines and he just got too panicky.  They at least gave my money back.  It has been over a week since then and Jack is no longer in any real pain.  His back aches, though it has off and on for the past year with bouts of sleeping in the recliner for the past several years.  Even though the pain has subsided, he still can't feel his foot and lower leg.  Some feeling has returned to parts of his hip and upper leg, but no driving yet.  He can't stand more than a few minutes.

He has finally decided that Monday he will call and see if he can reschedule the MRI at a different facility that has an open machine . . . And get a prescription for some sort of happy drug that will keep him from going nuts again.  He still doesn't think there is anything anyone  can do for him, though he would do physical therapy if it would help.  He mostly wants to rule out any thing worse than a pinched nerve or herniated disc lurking there.  Even the idea that there could be something scary lurking . . .

In the meantime, we just seem to exist in this holding pattern.  Jack gets up as often as he can just to try to move, but he can't do anything.  I hold down the fort here and make sure things are okay up the hill at Rubilee's.  My friend Suzanne intervened last week and took Bell for a day and a night.  Bless her heart.  My father -in-law sent his hired guy down to mow.  I am past the 9 day mark when I should have gotten my stitches out, but my leg is finally starting to close up and it finally doesn't hurt much to walk so maybe next week I will get those stitches out.  Bell and I got our school shopping done and we will get her enrolled for second grade this week.  I am in a battle with squash bugs over who will the pumpkin patch. Progress is slowly being made for my AP class preparations.

I know many of you have been, but keep praying that Jack have healing.  He is improving, but is so painfully slow and he is needed.  We need him well and his boss does too. Jack needs himself well.

No comments:

Post a Comment