Saturday, December 15, 2012

Let there be music and mess

There is perfection in a day that begins with having had a solid night's sleep.  Bell crawled in our bed, but not until 7.    I luxuriated in clean sheets and a snuggle bunny.  There was good Saturday coffee.  Everyone woke up in a good mood.

Perhaps the good night's sleep was because we were all more or less well.  Jack slept in bed and not propped up in the recliner.  There was no school to fret about.

Morning found us all curled up on the couch trying to pick out Christmas music on ITunes.  My poor family does not love Christmas carols like I do, and they just endure it.  My mom always spent the entire month of December singing old fashioned songs.  As a little girl, I am not sure I knew that there was music beyond sweet melodies of Silent Night and O Christmas Tree.  She didn't go in for silly things like Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer.  Most of my piano music was always in the form of these same songs.  Thus, a carol junkie was born.

We downloaded some last year, but some of my favorites are missing.  This morning, Jack foolishly revealed that his mom has loads of old LP's with Chirstmas carols.  He needs to do some work up there so I shall go rummage, even though it means putting on real clothes.  Probably leggings are not going to cut it.

My housecleaning is already done which leaves cookie messing and some bread making on the rest of the list.  My chocolate cookie dough is made and ready to bake.  Yesterday, I came home with a bag full of toppings from toffee chips to coconut to peppermint.  I foresee a mopping of the floors at the end of the day.  I wonder if I will be allowed to sing while I mop.

1 comment:

  1. Pandora has a few Christmas radio stations to choose from. You should check them out.

    ReplyDelete