Friday, December 14, 2012

Tucking In

There are just days that make you want to crawl under quilts and snuggle in, your little one tucked in beside you.

That was pretty much my whole week.  Bell was sick for four days before Jacked got sick Tuesday.  I have just felt achy, throat and head hurting . . . blah.  I went to school anyway.  I so did not want to draw out the Revolution and The Age of Enlightenment over a two week break so we plowed ahead and finished up today.  Every day, though, I just came home and existed.  It was the bare minimum of housework.  Food was comforting soup.  Clothes were soft.  Homework happened in a basic sort of way.

Part of the blah was not feeling great, part of it was continuing frustration over my bad class.  Every day has just seemed to take huge effort.

 Today, though, was gray, with damp air eating its way into my bones.  The chill never went away.  It was a somber day.  I just couldn't bear to listen to the news so I avoided the work room.  The kids at least are banned their phones and it is a closed campus so most hadn't heard the news and therefore didn't talk about it.  We had class.  I prepped for next week.  I looked at lesson plans and all that good stuff.  I went through the motions.

It was the sort of day that demanded leggings and Jack's big Henley shirt, pieces of fresh bread and butter, and a lap full of Bella tucked in under a blanket.  We will hibernate for a day or two and then maybe face the world again.  We will make Christmas goodies to share tomorrow.  We will regenerate. For this night, we are just going gel, tucked in with each other watching cartoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment