Monday, January 21, 2013

Connectivity

I don't spend as much time right now online as I sometimes do.  I play Words.  I do the occasional blog, but really . . . I am in a hum drum place.  School.  Cooking. Jack.  Precocious odd kid.  Laundry.  Repeat.  Repeat.  I  don't feel as I have that much wit or items of interest to splash about.

Actually, I do probably spend as much time, but it is time reading rather than posting.  When we moved, I really grieved at leaving the circle of friends from school, women and a few men that I laughed with, plotted with, and occasionally bawled with.

My move was tempered by knowing that some of my dearest friends were also leaving or had already gone.  There is something right in getting a morning email from Cheryl or Di or Sue.  There is assurance when the college crowd says I am on the right track.  There is comfort in at least knowing when my other family is happy or embarking on a new adventure or grieving.  I at least can be happy with them or pray for them from afar.  I know right now a few friends are dealing with difficult issues that I cannot fix, but at least I know and can care.

Right now I feel like I am just keeping my head above water at school and at home.  I haven't done a god job of carving out some me time.  I am not going to manage that today either.  Even though I haven't had the usual stress burning workouts, I still have coffee-iPad-email time every morning.  I like starting every morning  with that connection, knowing it works both ways, that that those I connect with are checking on me too.

1 comment:

  1. That's the glorious thing about the internet. It keeps us connected to people we love that we can't see every day. I'd miss you desperately if I couldn't see you through the internet when ever I wanted.

    ReplyDelete