Saturday, January 5, 2013

I shopped and shopped some more

I am truly not much of a shopper.  Jack would say I am in denial, but that is just because when I do shop, it takes hours.  And hours. And maybe a few more hours after that.

I think one of my problems is that my taste doesn't fit my budget. I see things I like but cannot justify.    I am picky too.  I would really prefer to look as if I fell out of either 1880 or 1920 or 1945. Not so much 2013.  There are places to get those sorts of clothes, but it is hard to come up with an entire outfit that works plus shoes .   .  . And then there is the budget thing again.   I also really like cotton rather than acrylic, rayon, nylon, and polyester.  Yep, picky.

Originally, I thought Jack Dear and Bell were going shopping with me today so I had planned on a quick one hour jaunt through Penny's to hit the sale racks and see what was left. I ended up going alone to the mall and one hour became almost 4 hours and 5 stores.  Heaven only knows how many sweaters and shirts and at least 30 pairs of jeans were tried on.  I think a size should be standard.  It is frustrating to find smalls that are too big and larges that are too small.  And on the whole, jeans are not made for short curvy girls.  It seemed that every style was too long, too tight, or too big around the waist.  Apparently, I should have been made straight up and down,  or I should want to look like I work a street corner.  Neither is true.

I did finally come home with a pair of good all around wear everywhere jeans and I did find a replacement to my ratty white sweater.  I even bought a pair of skinny jeans to wear with those boots I am so enamored with.  I hope I have some more clothes budget soon because spring colors were already in the stores and they were calling my name.  I was not prepared for impractical today, but I liked the look of the riot of colorful jeans with funky flats and long tailed shirts.

Even though I spent a good deal of the day frustrated by choices of style and fibers and prices, I bought things that were a little bit out of my hum drum comfort zone of clothes.   I tried on things that I wasn't sure about and loved them, and found that once they were on, I didn't really like the things I thought I would.  I even went to stores I have never been.

Not a bad day, but it is definitely Jack's turn to have a day out without Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment