Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Irresolute

It seems wrong to have no resolutions for the coming year . . . But I just don't.  I couldn't quite come up with any one thing that I am not already working on.

Health and fitness?  That is not a new resolution, but a continuance from the past four years.

Cooking better?  Same answer.

Being a better teacher? Wife? Mother? Again, the same.

I suppose I am more an immediate project person.  I start almost every break with a list of projects to be done and they typically get done.  We didn't get my Christmas break list done this year, but that had more to do with weather than lack of  purpose.

I have goals.  I want to get my blue berries, black berries, and asparagus moved from Loco to here in the next month.  I want to start some pepper and tomato plants from seed. I want to build raised beds. I want . . . Well there are a lot of yard/garden/house things I hope to get done in the next year, but they are all dependent on Jack's free time and extra money to do them with.

All of this is well and good, but there are on-going things I really must work harder at.  Exercise.  Finding time for Jack to have to himself.  Finding time for myself.  Finding time for us.  Being more organized in helping Bell do her homework but also making her take more responsibility for that and other things.

Perhaps the most pressing thing is to spend more time with Jack's parents.  Harold worries me as does Rubilee.  I want us to have all the memories we can with them.  Even though we are right next door, Bell and I don't see them that much.  Not good.  Not good at all.

I suppose as wishy washy as it sounds, we just need to present.  That is what we need for this coming year.  But specific resolutions?  Not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment