Sunday, May 19, 2013

Officially joining the circus

Any day now.  Any day you are going to see a post from me saying I have run away and joined the circus.  Any day.

Yesterday, Bell had a good time playing with a friend at the park, but then had an all out melt down in the car because that friend and an old friend from Comanche are both moving away soon.

Today, unusually, there was no fussing or foot dragging about getting ready for church.  The ride was distinctly peaceful.  Once we there, not so much.  Bell seemed to have a particularly difficult time sitting up.  She seemed to think that lying down and napping was good.  Ultimately, rather than be dragged outside, she settled for reading her book of Bible stories and drawing.


After church, she and Jack got out the farm toys and built a farm for a huge green beetle.  Then they fed it a worm. They didn't know it was going to liquefy the worm on the carpet before eating it.  Jack cleaned up the worm slime and then left for Stillwater on a job.

Things were smooth for a few hours until she was almost banished from Grandma's house for pouting and crying over a piece of broken side walk chalk.  Hiding in the barn and playing with kittens set the world to rights enough that she could finish her materpiece while I weeded Grandma's flower beds, though I meanly wouldn't let her keep the cutworms we found.

When we came home, I discovered that the beetle had been joined by a box of dirt full of Rolly pollies. Meltdown number 2 when the bugs were all sent outside to live.  While she made a habitat outside, I took a shower.  When I got out, I discovered that all the leaves off of a few of my Shasta daisies were  now the roof for the bug habitat.  In her defense, there weren't flowers on the daisies yet and they could have been mistaken for weeds . . . Other than the part where I water them and they live in my flower bed.  Now, five minutes until bed, I am still the bad guy because I won't let her start a video game.

This kid is high maintenance.  Tomorrow,  there better not be a circus passing through, or I just might run away for an hour or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment