Friday, March 15, 2013

Countdown

Yesterday in the hall at school, the science teacher told me just how many hours it was until spring break.  I hadn't counted, but I was ready.   All I could think of was how much needed done before we were ready to head north.

Jack spent his week doing all the big things - servicing the car, getting a cat door situated in the outbuildings so they could get in to eat without Huxley.  He will get fed too, just not cat food.  Laundry.

Today, as we packed, I for the first time ever, put my clothes in a bag with Jack's.  This may sound silly, but I have never had to share luggage space.  I tend to over pack.  I am a girl - I like things like razors and extra earrings and one more pair of shoes.  This is a problem if you only get half the bag.  This was Jack's idea and I went along with it.  It didn't help that we were dealing with rain and shine and a 20 degree spread in daytime temps.  Turns out, I can manage this.  If I wedge a few things in Bell's bag too . . . with a magic kit, next to her stuffed cat and Uno deck, after removing a cardboard box and a Japanese fan.

This time tomorrow, we will be tucking in up there.  No Internet.  No closet full of toys.  Just family.

If you are on break, enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment