Monday, March 25, 2013

Get set . . . Go!

At 5, Bell decided it was time to get up, even though she didn't conk out until nearly 10 last night.  Jack made her get in our bed and go back to sleep, but she woke the animals up who then all wanted out.  She argued, wanting to get up.  There  was just too much talking. Too much.  I tried to slip back into blissful oblivion, but gave up at 5:20.

So 6 AM finds me showered, watching the news, on my second cup of  coffee, reading email . . .all those morning things I do.

I guess it is time to fire  off this week.  I know I said we just had one hard month left.  But it is going to be a really long month.  I have an essay a week planned plus three days of review a week.  That is going to mean 4 essays in four weeks for all my kids.  There may be mutiny in room 25.  Last weekend Jack met a kd from Elgin and mentioned that I taught there.  The kid (who is not one of mine) said, " oh, the mean one! "

I have a lot to do for me too.  I left a packet of info about AP workshops on my desk that I need to figure out today.  The class I sponsor is so far from where it needs to be financially that it is embarrassing.  I need to get some things going with that.  I need to beg for a few more copies of Gatsby for next year.

At home, I think we are going to try to get raised beds built.  I have got to get back on the workout routine.  Lets just say that my Grandma's cooking was really good last week.  There is always plenty to do here.

And there is a birthday at our house this week.  Bitty Girl thinks there should be a chocolate -chocolate cake showing up so I need to see about that.  Not quite ready for her to be this old.

But this week is here,  so let's go.  Get started.  Have a productive week . . . and for all you school types out there, just breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment