Sunday, March 10, 2013

Just One More Week

It is one week until Spring Break.  I am unbelievably ready.  We had a pretty lazy weekend, but I am ready for days and days of just us time.

Our plans are pretty modest, but I am almost giddy with excitement.  We are going to head to the northeast part of the state to spend a few days visiting my grandparents.   We haven't been as a family since the fall of 2010.  It seeems like so often during the times of the year we could go up, they are down at Loco visiting my family.  Bell needs to store up memories while she can - they are in their early 80's and in poor health.  The number of future visits are not infinite.

Until after I married Jack, every break, every holiday was spent there on the farm.  As a little bitty thing, I lived with them for a few months while my parents were sorting out jobs after college.  I lived with them again during my first year of college.  Their house and farm hold far more memories for me than my folks place that was purchased after I was grown. This is where I learned to shoot, to drive, to properly roast a marshmallow.

On the way, we have a few stops planned including a haircut with Misti and then the  big aquarium at Jenks.  This for Bell's birthday.  She opted for a trip and family party instead of a class party.  (Thank goodness.  I have no idea what to do with hordes of small children. ) Bell wants to start packing now.  She is as excited as I am.

I am hoping we have good weather when we come home and I can get some garden started.  Maybe light off the chiminea.  Cook outside. Have a few slow days before the last big push of school starts.

Tonight is an easy night.  I have bread and a spinach artichoke dip in the oven.  Some olives and fruit and wine will round out a living room picnic.  One easy night and then one crazy week before family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment