Sunday, June 9, 2013

Slow, Soft Morning of Just Us

Normally, Sunday mornings find us on our way to church and then sometimes on our way to my family's house for lunch and visiting.

Not so this week.  I really, really hate to miss church.  More so than usual, I find a need to be there and soak up the Word and the encouragement that comes with joining with our body of believers.  However, we needed some family time.  Last week Jack was sick all week and still managed to work some and then we had my sister's graduation thing.  This week, Jack worked days the first half of the week in Duncan so he was home at night, but then he was totally gone the last part of the week.  Bell does fine when he is only gone one night, but this time it almost three days and she was sure missing her poppa. I might have missed him a little too.  Okay, there is no "might" to it.  Who knows if this will be his only day off so we are going to just be home bodies today, puttering and enjoying each other.

I have some outside projects planned, namely getting the big mower going and hauling off some junk out of the shed, both of which require Jack Dear's help.  I am going to try my hand at homemade pasta this morning.  My KA stand mixer came with a rebate for a free pasta roller and cutter which arrived Thursday and it is just begging to be tried out.  All of my Saxon phonics books arrived yesterday and I need to figure out what parts of it we can/should get done this summer.  I really need to do some reading of my own for a workshop I will go to in a month.

For now, before the chores start, I feel soft and slow.  It was a clean sheet, curl up together sort of beginning with good coffe and conversation while we let Bell sleep in.  Avery the pup is giving a stuffed mouse a working over and the cat is being bossy.  There is even homemade cheese and cherry Danish for breakfast.  We don't get these sorts of mornings often and we mean to enjoy this one.

Enjoy your Sunday - spend it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment